How to make Kombucha
Last Updated: 2019-10-24 by Nick Busey
- 14 Gallons Water
- 7 Large Iced Tea Bag
- 3150 Grams Sugar
- 16 Cups Starter Fluid
- Scoby that covers at lesat 25% of the surface of the container
- Two clean 7 Gallon Plastic Container
- Clean White Rag to use as Air Lock
- Black O-Ring or Rubber Band to attach White Rag
- Bring 1/2 of the total volume to a near boil
- Stop heat, add sugar, stir to dissolve.
- Add tea bags, steep at least 20 minutes
- Remove bag carefully, so it doesn't tear.
- If you do tear the bag, strain it through some cheese cloth.
- Cover with lid and wait for it to cool to luke warm temperature.
- Add scoby.
- Pour starter fluid on top of the scoby, slowly and gently, to form a 'seal' of the starter fluid on top of the container.
- Let ferment one week.
- Taste daily until desired acidity is reached.
Finished booch will have a pH between 3.5 and 4.0 with just a touch of sweetness left.