ABOUT BUSEY BREWS
In 2008, Kyle and Nick Busey moved to Nederland, CO from Lititz, PA (near Lancaster, Amish Country). Kyle worked as a bartender in Boulder at The Kitchen, and later at First Street Pub in Nederland. Nick worked in the tech startup scene as a programmer. They both met their wonderful wives in Colorado, and a few years later their parents, Kim and Buzz, followed them out to Colorado from Pennsylvania after retirement. For Christmas 2017, Nick’s wife Alana bought him a home-brew kit. Nick brewed his first home-brew January 1, 2018.
By the time Kyle started working as General Manager of what was then James Peak Brewery in Nederland, Nick had already brewed over 20 batches of home-brew, clocking in over 150 gallons. Kyle soon discovered that the owners of James Peak Brewery were interested in selling the brewery, and Kyle was interested in buying it. Nick had begun an Instagram account a few years back called @BuseyBrews to have a place to show his home-brewing journey, so it made sense to just keep that as the name of the actual brewpub! The whole family is involved, and on any day you may find Kyle serving tables, Nick brewing beer, Kim running the host stand, and Buzz working on the building!
- Oct 19, 2019 – Busey Brews Smokehouse & Brewery Opening Day.
- Aug 2019 – Kyle Busey closes on purchase of business.
- Mar 2019 – Kyle Busey hired as GM at James Peak Smokehouse & Brewery
- 2016 – James Peak Smokehouse & Brewery opens for business.
- 2008 – Wild Mountain Smokehouse & Brewery opens for business.
- 2007 – Brewery and smokehouse building construction completed.